Guam News - Guam News
Guam - The Department of Public Works has announced that Liberation Day Parade camping permits will be issued next FRIDAY, July 13 at the Paseo Stadium beginning at 8 am.
Both sides of the street will be permitted but this year, Parks and Rec has expanded the permitted area available for camping.
According to a released from Parks and Rec permits will now be issued for the area from the Kentucky Fried Chicken in Hagatna all the way down to the Mobil Station in Adeleup. And on the sea side of Marine Corp Drive the permitted area where you can camp will now stretch from Guam Lock & Key to LA tire. Campers will not be allowed to block any entrances or exits from any of the businesses along that stretch.
Campers will be allowed to set up starting Friday morning, July 20th at 8 am and they must vacate their area no later than Saturday evening July 21st at 6 pm.
* Markers or shelters set up in permitted areas prior to the time indicated will be removed by DPR Park Patrol Officers and your permit will be revoked. *
* Applicants seeking a permit are asked to enter through the Paseo Stadium main gates.
* Permit applications will be handled on a first come first serve basis.
* No other Park permitting will be allowed while the Parade permits are being assigned.
* Permits will be issued only to adults 18 years of age and over and a photo ID is required.
* 10 permitted spaces along the parade route are being reserved for vendors.
* the cost for each permit is $50-dollars. An additional $75 dollar cleaning deposit is required.
* Checks must be made out to the Treasurer of Guam and only on-island checks will be allowed
* the cleaning deposit will be forfeited if your area is damaged and/or if it is not cleaned up after the parade.
* the deposit will be returned to you 3-days after the parade, after a Parks and Rec employee has inspected your area and signed off on your permit.
THE CLEANING DEPOSIT WILL *NOT* BE REFUNDED if the permit holder leaves the area without the proper clearances and a signature from a DPR inspector. The original deposit receipt, proof of identification and a signed report by DPR personnel is required when claiming your refund. Refunds can be picked up at the Main Office in Agana Heights during regular business hours.
A Command Post will be set up at the Paseo Stadium for any issues regarding your camping permit. The number is 477-8279 or 8280.
|< Prev||Next >|