Guam News - Guam News
Guam - The father of the USS Frank Cable sailor who died at Haputo Beach last Saturday suggests that jellyfish maybe to blame for his son's death.
Ryan Bennett collapsed on the beach after snorkeling Saturday morning. An autopsy was performed Tuesday, but the Navy has not released the results of the autopsy. The cause of death has not been publicly released yet.
However, after hearing the account of his son's friend who was snorkeling with Ryan, Mark Bennett told PennLive that he thinks his son was stung by a jellyfish.
Fernandez told Bennett's family that they were snorkeling in the shallows off the beach, examining shells and fish, when Bennett suddenly stopped. He thought Ryan was clearing his mask, but then he realized that Bennett was not moving and was unconscious.
Fernandez says that Bennett’s face was puffy, his lips swollen as though his body were in allergic shock.
|< Prev||Next >|