Guam News - Guam News
Guam - Senator Adolpho Palacios' Bill #400 is among the measures to be placed on the Session agenda by the Rules Committee.
The Bill would allow the Guam Parole Board to hold closed door sessions, and votes, in certain situations.
At the Rules Committee meeting Friday afternoon, Senator Palacios said:
"The Attorney General did not object to this and submitted some language that will make sure that that provision is not withstanding the open government law, but the rules and regulations that they are going to adopt to allow that will be subject to the open government law of course and this came about at the request of the current parole board members.”
Among the other bills to make the agenda are Senator Dennis Rodriguez JR.'s Bill #158 which establishes an urgent care center for outpatient medical services within the Guam Memorial Hospital and a substituted version of Senator Tom Ada's Bill #397 which restricts the use of cellphones while driving.
Lawmakers will also discuss several appointments including Joseph Duenas and Alexandra Taitano to the Solid Waste Authority Board of Directors; Michael Pangelinan to the PUC; and Jonathan Ulloa to the Guam Unarmed Combat Commission.
The Session is expected to last through the following Monday, February 27th.
1. Bill No. 158‐31 (COR) ‐ Dennis G. Rodriguez, Jr.
AN ACT TO ESTABLISH AN URGENT CARE CENTER FOR OUTPATIENT MEDICAL SERVICES WITHIN THE GUAM MEMORIAL HOSPITAL PREMISES TO ALLEVIATE CONGESTION AND COSTS IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM, BY ADDING A NEW §80122 TO CHAPTER 80, DIVISION 4, TITLE 10 GUAM CODE ANNOTATED.
2. Bill No. 181‐31 (LS) ‐ Sam Mabini, Ph.D., V. A. Ada
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 16 GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, CHAPTER 5 RELATIVE TO THE CREATION OF TRUCK WEIGH STATIONS ON GUAM.
3. Bill No. 190‐31 (LS) – As Amended by the Committee on Appropriations, Taxation, Public Debt, Banking, Insurance, Retirement and Land. ( A.A. Yamashita, Ph. D.)
AN ACT TO AMEND § 31A05(a) OF ARTICLE 1A OF CHAPTER 3 OF TITLE 16, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO DRIVER’S LICENSES ROAD TESTING.
4. Bill No. 248‐31 (COR) As Substituted by the Committee on Education and Public Libraries (J. P. Guthertz, DPA)AN ACT TO REPEAL CHAPTER 11 OF TITLE 17 GUAM CODE ANNOTATED RELATIVE TO ABOLISHING THE OFFICE OF THE ADEQUATE EDUCATION SURUHANU.
5. Bill No. 276‐31 (COR) ‐ V. Anthony Ada, v.c. pangelinan
AN ACT TO REQUIRE THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES TO CONDUCT A FEASIBILITY STUDY ON PROVIDING AFTER‐HOUR URGENT CARE SERVICES IN THE PUBLIC HEALTH CENTERS.
6. Bill No. 289‐31 (COR) ‐ C.M. Duenas, V.A. Ada, F.F. Blas, Jr., AB Palacios, Sr.
AN ACT TO AMEND CHAPTER 16 OF TITLE 4, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO THE “DISASTER SERVICE VOLUNTEER LEAVE ACT”.
7. Bill No. 326‐31 (COR) ‐ M. Silva Taijeron
AN ACT TO ADD A NEW SECTION 10313 TO ARTICLE 3, CHAPTER 10, TITLE 5 OF THE GUAM CODE ANNOTATED RELATIVE TO REQUIRING ALL GOVERNMENT OF GUAM DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS, FILINGS AND FORMS FOR SERVICES VIA THE INTERNET.
8. Bill No. 341‐31 (COR) ‐ B.J.F. Cruz
AN ACT TO ADD A NEW SUBSECTION (r) TO § 40112 OF TITLE 5 OF THE GUAM CODE ANNOTATED; RELATIVE TO EMPOWERING THE MAYORS WITH THE AUTHORITY TO CLOSE NON ROUTED ROADS FOR VILLAGE FUNERALS, FIESTAS, AND OTHER EVENTS.
9. Bill No. 362‐31 (LS) – As Amended by the Committee on Public Safety, Law Enforcement & Judiciary (F.F. Blas, Jr., Chris M. Duenas, V.A. Ada, A.A. Yamashita Ph.D., Sam Mabini, A.B. Palacios, Sr., D.G. Rodriguez, Jr.)
AN ACT TO ADD CHAPTER 27 TO TITLE 18 OF THE GUAM CODE ANNOTATED RELATIVE TO BICYCLE SAFETY, AND TO CITE THE ACT AS THE “BICYCLE SAFETY ACT OF 2011.”
10. Bill No. 369‐31 (COR) ‐ v.c. pangelinan
AN ACT TO ZONE THE PREVIOUSLY UNZONED LOT NO. 1060‐5‐1, IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF BARRIGADA, TO SINGLE‐FAMILY DWELLING (R‐1).
11. Bill No. 370‐31 (COR) ‐ v.c. pangelinan
AN ACT TO ZONE THE PREVIOUSLY UNZONED LOT NO. 1060‐5‐2, IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF BARRIGADA, TO SINGLE‐FAMILY DWELLING (R‐1).
12. Bill No. 397‐31 (COR) As Substituted by the Committee on Public Safety, Law Enforcement and Judiciary (T.C. Ada, A. B. Palacios, Sr.)
AN ACT TO AMEND §3346 OF CHAPTER 3, TITLE 16, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, AND TO ADD A NEW §3346.1 OF CHAPTER 3, TITLE 16, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO RESTRICTING THE USE OF MOBILE PHONES WHILE OPERATING A VEHICLE, AND PROVIDING FOR PUBLIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS REGARDING SUCH RESTRICTIONS.
13. Bill No. 399‐31 (LS) – As Substituted by the Committee on Appropriations, Taxation, Public Debt, Banking, Insurance, Retirement and Land (v. c. pangelinan)
AN ACT TO REPEAL SECTION 2 OF PUBLIC LAW 26‐10 AND TO AMEND SECTION 8134(a) OF ARTICLE 1, CHAPTER 8 OF TITLE 4 GUAM CODE ANNOTATED RELATIVE TO MINOR OR DEPENDENT CHILDREN SURVIVOR ANNUITIES.
14. 400‐31 (LS) As Amended by the Committee on Public Safety, Law Enforcement & Judiciary (Adolpho B. Palacios, Sr.)
AN ACT TO AMEND §85.26 OF CHAPTER 85, 9GCA, RELATIVE TO THE CONDUCT OF DELIBERATIONS AND VOTING ON PAROLE ACTIONS BY THE GUAM PAROLE BOARD.
15. Bill No. 413‐31 (COR) ‐ D. G. Rodriguez, Jr
AN ACT TO REPEAL AND REENACT TITLE 3 OF THE GUAM CODE ANNOTATED RELATIVE TO GUAM ELECTIONS.
1.Duenas, Joseph W. ‐ Member, Board of Directors, Solid Waste Authority
2.Pangelinan, Michael A. – Member, Public Utilities Commission
3.Taitano, Alexandra L.G. ‐ Member, Board of Directors, Solid Waste Authority
4.Ulloa, Jonathan – Member, Guam Unarmed Combat Commission
Committee reports for the above mentioned items can be found on the Guam Legislature’s website at: www.guamlegislature.com.
|< Prev||Next >|