Guam News - Guam News
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
1. Be U.S.citizens who are residents of the Micronesian region;
2. Be high school seniors who are graduating in 2012 from an accredited high school with a 3.5 grade point average (copies of transcripts and SAT/ACT scores required);
3. Submit an original, numbered application due March 15, 2012 to Bank of Guam;
4. Submit three (3) letters of recommendation, one from a non-academic source;
5. Submit answers to four essay questions.
The scholarship will be available for use at any U.S. accredited college or university, and would be earmarked to those students pursuing degrees in business, finance, accounting, economics or related majors(can be multi-disciplinary). 10 Semifinalists will be selected by April 30 and will then be required to submit additional documents, including an acceptance letter to an accredited four year college.
Lou A. Leon Guerrero, Bank of Guam Board Chair, President and Chief Executive Officer stated, “In celebration of our 40 years of serving our communities, we are delighted to offer graduating high school seniors an opportunity to continue their education at an accredited college or university. Given Bank of Guam’s longstanding service to higher education for its communities, we are proud to continue this commitment.”
Applications are available at all Bank of Guam branches and the Customer Service Department in Hagatna Branch Lobby. They have also been distributed to Guam’s high schools. Only originals will be accepted.
For additional information, please contact Jackie Marati at 472-5258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|< Prev||Next >|